FIRST STEPS KALGOORLIE WA
– NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS –
The highly successful Coles First Steps program will be run in February 2017 to fill at least 12 retail positions for Coles Supermarkets, Coles Services, Coles Express & Liquorland.
Each participant who completes this training program is guaranteed a 15hr Permanent Part Time role with one of these employers.
Program Facilitators: Innovative Solutions Australia
Employer: Coles Supermarkets, Coles Express & Liquorland.
Vacancy location : Kalgoorlie WA
Potential candidates must attend an information session and if they wish to apply for a position on the program, they will participate in a 1:1 interview with program team members to establish their training and support needs.
Once accepted and commenced onto the program, program participants will receive;
- Personal and professional development
- Customer Service and Work Readiness training (the customer service training has been contextualised for these vacancies)
- Work experience placements in actual vacancies
- Industry visits and information sessions
- Group and 1:1 engagement activities
- Mentoring support
- Interview preparation
There will be a vacancy for every participant who completes the training.
Recruitment – we are recruiting now!
Information sessions and interviews will be held on the 24th and 25th of January 2017
Dates : Training – 6th to 24th of February 2017
Times : Participants will be provided with a time table, however their training may include work experience placements in the early morning, in the evening and even on a weekend, so they will need full availability.
Location : to be advised (Kalgoorlie)
- This program is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld). This program is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
- 3 weeks availability for Training Program
- Availability in line with Retail Industry Requirements
- Weekend availability
- Evening availability 7 days a week
- Early Morning Availability 7 days a week
- All positions require customer service – previous experience is not necessary
- Physically be able to do the job – repetitive lifting and standing for long periods
How to Apply;
We are sorry, this program is now closed for applications.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Manager, Christine Ryan – Christine@innovativesolutions.net.au or call 0487203953.